8-inch Tablet & eBook Reader Cases, Covers and Keyboard Folios
A sleeve, case or folio can help to provide protection for your tablet or eBook reader. These 8-inch tablet and eBook reader cases, covers, and keyboard folios are compatible with a wide range of brands that include Amazon, Apple, and Samsung. They can also come equipped with a variety of features that include a magnetic snap, an integrated light, and an integrated stand.What are the different types of covers available?
- Smart cover: This is a type of case that is designed specifically to be slotted over the screen of the tablet or eBook reader. They usually come in a slim, rigid plastic and can sometimes consist of a hard backing.
- Sleeve/pouch: This involves any type of slim pouch or carrying case that allows the tablet to be placed fully into the pouch before it is zippered. This accessory typically come with exterior pockets.
- Protective shell: This is a type of shell or skin that is attached to the back of your eBook reader or tablet. This accessory is mainly made of silicone and comes with small openings for the camera, charging port, and power on/off buttons.
- Keyboard folio: This is a type of case wherein one half of the folio attaches to the back of the device, while the other half folds over the screen of the computer. These folios are equipped with small keyboards that can be used when you open the folio.
While tablet and eReader covers are typically made for a specific brand of item, such as Apple iPad, Amazon Fire or Kindle, or Samsung eReader, there is a wide selection of materials available for each:
- Leather: There are a variety of types of leather, including patent, bonded, and top-grain. The material is taken through a tanning process before being used in the creation of this accessory.
- Neoprene: This is a type of synthetic polymer that has elastic properties and comes in either a solid or latex form.
- Nylon: This is a lightweight synthetic fabric that can be melted in a variety of shapes, films, and fibers. Once made into a fiber, nylon can be crafted into a yarn or fabric before being used for folios and cases.
- Rigid plastic: This hard surface material can be used for tablet shells and skins.
- Rubber: Latex or rubber sleeves and covers often have a non-slip feel to them.
These cases and keyboard folios are available in a wide range of color options, including black, grey, blue, green, gold, red, white, and purple. Some cases and folios are available in multiple colors and may be matte or shiny. There are also a variety of patterns offered, including floral, tropical, and geometric patterns.available in multiple colors and may be matte or shiny. There are also a variety of patterns offered, including floral, tropical, and geometric patterns.