Buick Enclave Antennas
An antenna is a simple concept. Metal wires pick up signals sent via radio waves, which are then translated into music, speech, and other sounds. Antennas, especially on luxury vehicles, are more sophisticated than they used to be. So when you need to replace an antenna on your Buick Enclave, it is essential to know what exactly you are going to replace.What does an antenna do?
An antenna allows you to receive AM and FM signals to play on your radio, so you and your passengers can have entertainment while in your Buick vehicle. Traditionally, that was the case, and car antennas still serve that purpose. However, antennas also receive satellite radio signals, GPS, and traffic reports as well as roadside assistance information. This increased sophistication ensures you never lack data while you are driving, but it also means you must take great care when switching out your existing antenna for a replacement model.Why is it important to replace your antenna?
Buick cars are full of high-end features. With seating for up to eight passengers and options including panoramic sunroofs, heated leather seats, and dual-zone climate control, sumptuousness is a hallmark of Buick automobiles. What is a luxury vehicle, though, without quality entertainment and safety options? Without the Buick Enclaves antenna, its ability to delight and inspire diminishes.What are the parts of a Buick Enclave antenna?
Most Buicks, including the Enclave, have multiple parts to their antennas. Each component serves a unique function crucial to the premium safety and entertainment offered by the Enclave.
- "Whip" mast: This is the short mast antenna, which is responsible for normal AM/FM radio reception akin to a traditional tall metal antenna on an older car.
- Base mount: This section houses hidden wires that are separate antennas responsible for digital radio, navigation, and OnStar reception.
When replacing your SUVs antenna, its important to use caution to avoid damaging any of its interior or exterior finishes.
- First, access the antenna housing by removing the interior trim piece just inside the top rear of the SUV.
- Second, remove the existing antenna base by disconnecting the cable and removing the bolt.
- Third, install the replacement antenna base by first feeding the cable through the hole in the roof and then installing the replacement bolt.
- Lastly, make sure the replacement antenna base is secure and sealed, then screw in the replacement mast antenna.