A Quick Shopping Guide to the iPhone 3GS Unlocked Smartphone
The iPhone 3GS unlocked smartphone is like having a personal computer in the palm of your hand. You can use the device to place calls, take pictures, browse the internet, and connect with other people. Released in June of 2009, this low-cost smartphone represents the third generation of Apples iPhone series.Why should you buy an unlocked smartphone?
The advantage of an unlocked smartphone is that it isnt tethered to a specific cellular carrier. If you purchase a phone thats unlocked straight out of the factory, then you can choose any carrier you want, assuming its on the right network. This could be advantageous if you frequently switch between carriers or you travel abroad and need to use an international SIM card. Any software tied to a specific cellular carrier will be absent as well.What should you look for when choosing a used smartphone?
One of the most important factors you will want to consider is the status of the rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Since the battery only has a limited number of charges, you will probably want one that is in good working condition. Apart from battery life, you should also look out for any signs of wear on the smartphones exterior. If the smartphone has low battery life or a scratched screen but is otherwise in good working order, then it is possible to replace the parts yourself.What are some features of the iPhone 3GS?
The iPhone 3GS comes with the following features:
- LCD display: The phone features a 3.5-inch multi-touch LCD screen with a resolution of 480x320 pixels.
- Rear camera: The 3-megapixel camera features geotagging, tap to focus, digital zoom, and the ability to capture standard-definition video at 30 frames per second.
- Storage: The smartphone comes with the option of 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB of internal flash memory.
- Connectivity: Apart from the cellular capabilities, the smartphone features Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1.
- Inputs: The iPhone 3GS comes with a microphone, a digital compass, a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor, and a 3-axis accelerometer. The light sensor can automatically adjust the brightness of the screen based on the surrounding lighting conditions. The accelerometer can respond to certain movements such as shaking or rotating.
- Operating System: The iPhone 3GS originally came with iPhone OS 3, which has standard apps for weather, maps, stocks, photos, YouTube, and more. However, the smartphone has the ability to upgrade to iOS 6.1.6 at the latest, which adds Facebook integration and the Siri personal assistant.