How to Choose an Apple iPod Nano MP3 Player That’s Right for You
The Apple iPod Nano is a portable media player that can store and play back audio and (in some models) video. Featuring a compact, minimalist design, this highly affordable media player can fit right in your pocket. You can find new, open-box, refurbished, and used Apple iPod Nano MP3 players at reasonable prices on eBay. Reasons to buy an iPod Nano
The iPod Nano lets you listen to music, watch video, or view pictures wherever you go. The exact number of files depends on the storage space of the device. This dedicated media player is a low-cost alternative to more all-purpose smartphones. It can recognize a number of different file types: most importantly MP3, but also AAC, AIFF, WAV and (in some models) MP4 video.How do you choose the right iPod Nano?
The Apple iPod Nano encompasses seven different generations released between 2005 and 2017. Each one has a different set of specifications and features. See the manufacturer site for details. Here is what you need to consider as you make your purchasing decision.
- Display - The size and resolution of the screen can vary between generations. Later generations featured a larger, more detailed screen at a higher resolution.
- Storage space - The size of the internal flash drive ranges from 1 GB or 4 GB in the first generation to 16 GB in later generations.
- Video playback - The Apple iPod MP3 player introduced the ability to play video starting with the third generation iPod Nanos. However, the exact video playback functionality may vary from one generation to another.
- Connectivity - Every iPod Nano generation features a USB port. However, the seventh generation introduced a Lightning connector and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity.
- Input - Starting with the sixth generation, the Apple MP3 player replaced the iconic scroll wheel with an interactive multitouch screen.
- Features - Features may change quite a bit from one generation to another. For example, the fifth generation Nano has a built-in camera and microphone not present in other generations. Later generations also introduced a pedometer and fitness software.
- Colors - The first generation Nano came in only black and white. However, the second generation introduced colors such as blue, green, red, and pink. Later generations introduced an eclectic range of colors from which to choose.
The iPod Nano has a limited number of preinstalled apps and games. The previously mentioned fitness app, for instance, can keep track of your running or fitness sessions.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.