Choosing the Right Auto Rotisserie Machine
Rotisserie ovens are useful kitchen gadgets that help you make the juiciest, most flavorful chicken, beef, and ham. By automatically spinning the food and evenly cooking it the whole way around, this produces a nicely browned piece of meat that is never dry. This buying guide will help you choose the right unit, and you can always find new and pre-owned models on eBay.What are the different types of rotisserie ovens?
There are several types of these affordable ovens available on eBay that have different builds and benefits. The most common models are:
- Horizontal: This is the most common type of rotisserie oven. As the name implies, your chicken or other meat will spin horizontally as it cooks. This produces flavorful food.
- Vertical: These ovens allow you to place the chicken or other meat vertically as it is cooking. This makes it easier to properly insert the meat, and these units often require less space.
- Rotisserie toaster oven: These ovens are toaster ovens and rotisserie ovens combined into one unit. Aside from making food on a spit, they can also cook ingredients on a rack or baking tray.
These ovens come in a range of temperatures that affect cooking performance, how quickly meat will cook, and how brown ingredients will be once they are finished. Many ovens have a preset temperature of 350 degrees, while others might be closer to 200 degrees. Others have adjustable temperatures that range from 200 to 500 degrees.
Anything close to 200 degrees or higher should be fine for preparing any type of meat. Lower temperatures will require longer cooking times, but they will bring the ingredients to a safe temperature level for consumption.What extra features can you choose with rotisserie ovens?
There are a few extra features to consider that can help differentiate one unit from another. Some of the extra features are:
- Automatic timer: Almost every oven will come with an automatic timer. This makes it easier to set the meat to cook for a few hours. The only difference is that some units may have longer timers than others.
- Cooking capacity: Some units can cook a 4-pound chicken, while others can cook a 15-pound chicken or larger. This is a balancing act between how much you want to cook and the amount of space you have.
- Basket: A metal basket allows you to cook smaller items like burgers, fish, and vegetables.