Chevrolet Avalanche Bumpers & Parts
The bumper is the part of the vehicle situated on both the rear and front end, and its role is to absorb shock in the event of a collision. Other minor functions include aesthetics, as they can be customized, and also aid in minimizing height mismatches between vehicles like trucks and cars. They are made out of an array of materials, including solid or chrome-plated metal as well as thick plastic materials.What can you consider when choosing a Chevrolet Avalanche bumper?
- You should know the make, model, and year of production of your vehicle. Some bumpers fit the same model over a number of years while others are limited to a particular period of time.
- You should know if your car requires a front, rear, or both bumpers. You may also choose to replace both front and rear bumpers in order to maintain the look of your truck.
- The material and the quality of bumper should also be assessed based on how you use your truck and how you want it to look after the bumper replacement..
- You should also assess a particular bumpers safety and performance rating.
These refer to the accessories that improve the bumper look and performance. They include:
- Grill guard: This is a set of strong metal bars located in the front of the car. They are of two types: one-piece welded and three-piece bolted. The one-piece welded option is generally designed for significant utility, while the three-piece bolted option is generally designed for minimal protection and enhanced aesthetics. One can choose among different color options for these grill guards.
- Lights: These are fitted into the bumper to enhance the cars look. They are available in a wide range of colors. Bumper lights must adhere to certain state and federal regulations. Bumper lights are purchased based on the model, make, and year.
- Reinforcement and trim: Aftermarket reinforcements and trims are used for bumper protection. They are normally model, make, and year specific.
Bumper materials include:
- Polypropylene/Polyresin: They are readily available and can be referred to as plastic bumpers.
- Fiberglass: They are lightweight, strong, can be repaired, and painted to match the trucks exterior color.
- Carbon fiber: They are durable, heat-resistant, lightweight, and can be painted.
- Metal: They are strong, durable, and heavy.
- General protection and preservation of your truck.
- Improves the look of your truck.
- Offers protection to pedestrians in case of an accidental collision.