Chevrolet G20 Bumpers
Traditionally, the bumper was installed on Chevrolet vehicles, such as the G20, as a way to provide extra protection for drivers and passengers. As vehicle engineering has continued to improve, however, the fender on your Chevy truck has also become important to the trucks aesthetic. If you need to replace your Chevy trucks fender, there are numerous decisions that you may need to make to ensure that you find the replacement part that meets your needs.What materials are Chevrolet G20 bumpers made from?
These components for a Chevrolet truck can be made from five different materials, including:
- Plastic: These components are made from poly resin plastic that is resistant to impact. They can be painted to match your G20s exterior.
- Aluminum: This material is lightweight and durable. These types of bumpers are easy to replace and are recyclable.
- Carbon Fiber: Bumpers made from carbon fiber are also lightweight and durable. They can also be repaired if they are damaged and can be painted to match your G20s exterior.
- Fiberglass: This material is less flexible than plastic but is still lightweight. As with other materials, it is easy to paint.
- Steel: Steel front or rear bumpers are strong and heavy. They are long-lasting and may never need to be replaced. Some steel bumpers have other metals blended into them.
When you are looking to replace truck bumpers or a rear bumper on your Chevrolet vehicle, you may come across OEM (original equipment manufacturer) components. There are many benefits to getting an OEM vehicle component, including:
- Availability: Bumpers that are made by the original manufacturer for that specific Chevrolet part are readily available. Further, you do not have to spend time searching for a part that will work with your Chevrolet.
- Specifications: OEM parts are made to specific specifications given to the manufacturers. This means that OEM components for your Chevrolet are designed to easily replace your old ones.
- Safety standards: These parts have been tested to ensure that they meet specific safety standards.
There are three different accessories that you can add to your Chevrolet’s bumper. These include:
- Grille Guard: These are strong metal bars that are installed on the front of the Chevrolet. They offer additional protection and come in a variety of colors, including black and chrome.
- Lights: Some manufacturers make lights that can be installed on the front of your Chevrolet car. These lights usually come in the standard colors, though other color lights may be available.
- Reinforcements and Trim: Rubber reinforcements can be placed along the bumper to protect it against chipped paint and scratches.