Choosing Modems for your CenturyLink Service
CenturyLink has a wide range of available modems for your DSL service. If you are shopping for a modem, different features are best suited for different households. eBay offers a wide selection of CenturyLink compatible DSL modems to choose from.Which modems are compatible with CenturyLink?
If you are shopping for a CenturyLink modem, there are a variety of brands to choose from. A lot depends on what you are using the modem for. The best way to decide is by understanding the speed, available features, and how it performs. Here is a list of compatible modems for CenturyLink:
- Zyxel C1100Z - This modem features a standard base WPS, auto detect network configurations, and IP dual stack support.
- Motorola MD1600 - The modem delivers a 100 Mbps download speed, 4 gigabyte Ethernet ports, firewall, built-in router, and a USB host port.
- Netgear D7000 - This works as a cable modem and Wi-Fi router combined. Additionally, this router works for streaming and gaming, has a fast download speed of up to 1900 Mbps, and is compatible with ADSL2.
- CenturyLink C2000T - A DSL telephony modem with high-speed Internet access. The modem is compatible with streaming, music, and gaming.
- Netgear D6400 - This modem has upload speeds of 1600 Mbps. It also features turbo transfer and can connect with 10 Wi-Fi devices in your home.
CenturyLink has a variety of modems to choose from. When shopping for a modem, there are a number of factors to consider. Some modems deliver faster download and upload speeds than others. For instance, if you have a business, you will obviously need something fast and reliable. Here are some tips on factors you may want to consider:
- Compatibilty - Always make sure that your modem and router of choice is CenturyLink compatible. Confirm the modem specifications through your ISP.
- Usage - If you will be using your DSL service often, or will have several devices connected, choose a modem with multiple Ethernet connections.
- DSL modem speed - Checking emails daily is a lot different from downloading movies and gaming. Decide which modem is appropriate based on what you will do with your DSL.
- DSL modem lifespan - No one wants to be stuck with a modem that will be obsolete in a few months. If your modem isnt new, be sure to get a model with consistent firmware updates.
You do have the option of having a self-install kit sent through the mail. The self-install kits include the modem, Ethernet cord, phone line, and instruction manual. The modem is relatively easy to set up. In many cases, they come with a preinstalled login name and password, and an ISP address where you can customize this to the address of your choice.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by CenturyLink Modems.