Car and Truck Exterior Door Handles for Chevrolet Colorado
Though theyre small parts, your door handles play a big role. If your door handles have stopped working properly, you can find replacement parts that will fit your Chevy vehicle. You can also choose to use new door parts if youd like to upgrade the cars exterior appearance.What types of exterior door handles are there?
If one of your exterior door handles has become damaged, you can replace just that one. You can search for a part that will match the other doors to ensure a seamless look. You can also choose to get four new door handles if youre trying to go for an upgrade. You can consider parts made out of the following materials:
- Durable plastic
- Aluminum alloy
- Zinc alloy
- Magnesium alloy
- Pop the car hood and disconnect the battery by removing the cable from the negative terminal.
- Remove the interior door panel. To do so, use a Phillips head screwdriver to take off the armrest and the cover behind the interior door handle. Then you can pull off the panel.
- Press in on the tab that connects the speaker to the car door. Pull back the water shield thats now exposed on the cars interior.
- Reach into the interior of the car door, push the red clip off, and push the rod to the side.
- Use a 10mm socket wrench to remove the bolts on either side of the door handle.
- Lift up on the exterior handle. Reach in and pull up on the other red clip with your finger to release it.
- Use the wrench to remove the two bolts that hold the locking mechanism in place.
- Reverse these steps to install a replacement exterior handle on your car.
You can clean your new door unit just as you would with any other exterior piece on your car. Regular cleaning can keep dust and grime from accumulating, and it can protect the finish whether it is chrome or has been painted. Gentle soap intended for vehicles exterior surfaces and a soft sponge or rag can be used for deeper cleaning.How do you install a new tailgate handle?
- Remove the truck bed cover if you have one. Get in the truck bed to access the screws that attach the back panel. Itll be held in place with four Phillips screws.
- Press down on the three plastic clips and remove the rods that they were connected to.
- Use a socket wrench to remove the three 10mm bolts. One will be attached to the locking mechanism.
- Remove the lock and the handle.
- Attach the lock to the new handle. Put everything in place, push the clips so they latch to the rods, and replace all components that you had to remove during the process.