Chevrolet Malibu Car Exterior Mirrors
With eight generations under its belt, the Chevrolet Malibu is a sedan with a fairly robust exterior mirror; this component has more than a few extra features that make it a good vehicle pick for safety. There are both OEM and aftermarket variations of this component, so it’s crucial that you know what you’re getting when you’re having the mirror replaced on your sedan.What features can you find on Chevrolet OEM mirrors?
Chevrolet has included several stock features on the Malibu mirror. These include:
- Internal heating: When it’s time to go out into the cold, driving conditions can be downright hazardous. When condensation, snow, or frost start to form on your Chevrolet Malibu mirror, it can lead to reduced visibility and lessened awareness of what other drivers are doing. Fortunately, the Malibu features mirror internal heating that will clear the surface of your glass and has automatic functionality that activates when you turn on your rear defrosters.
- Signal lighting: When other drivers are driving beside you, they can’t always see your rear and front signal indicators. For this reason, the Chevrolet Malibu has side-mounted signal lights that will make it obvious when you’re attempting to change lanes or turn.
- Powered controls: In the past, in order to adjust the positioning of your mirror, you had to use your hand and manually adjust the glass surface. Fortunately, many variations of this Chevrolet vehicle feature powered controls that will let you adjust both the passenger and driver side mirrors of your Malibu.
- Memory functionality: If you have two people driving your Chevrolet, then memory functions can be very beneficial because it will allow you to store presets. This function usually takes only one or two steps, and each user will merely have to press a single button in order to have the mirror adjust to the preset positioning.
While the OEM features are robust, sometimes you can find additional options in mirrors from the aftermarket:
- Puddle lamps: If you live in either a snowy or rainy area of the country, this automatic feature can be very useful. When you’re parking at night, it’s sometimes hard to see if there are puddles or ice slicks on asphalt. With puddle lamps, a light shines from the base of the mirror to the ground, which will illuminate any hard-to-see ground features under your Chevrolet Malibu.
- Non-heated: If you live in an area of the country that doesn’t experience much frost, then you may not need a heating function. In this situation, you can get a Chevrolet Malibu aftermarket mirror that doesn’t include this feature.