Mouldings and Trim for Jeep Liberty
On the Jeep Liberty and other vehicles, exterior mouldings and trim can give a more decorative appearance. Depending on what you are looking for, you can find mouldings and trim for Jeep Liberty such as for the sides, doors, and wheel wells. When looking for mouldings and trim, there are several things you may want to consider in order to achieve the look that you want for your Jeep.What types of trim are there?
There are three main types of exterior mouldings that are generally applied to the Jeep Liberty:
- Side moulding: This type of moulding is usually installed along the bottom of the vehicle between the front and rear wheels. It is used to enhance the visual appeal of Jeep Liberties and other cars.
- Door edge trim: This moulding is installed along the edges of the vehicles doors, particularly along the bottom. In addition to adding to the appearance of a vehicle, it can protect the bottom of the door from damage if it accidentally comes into contact with a curb or another object.
- Wheel well trim: Mouldings installed around the wheel well are designed to protect this area from damage that could potentially be caused by road debris, likes stones.
Installing replacement or new mouldings on the exterior of your Jeep is a quick and easy process. Simply follow these steps:
- Park the Jeep Liberty in a covered area that has a temperature between 65 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove old mouldings. Clean the area where the replacement mouldings will be applied with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water to remove old adhesive.
- Hold accents against the intended location and use masking tape to hold the ends in place.
- Remove the paper on the backing and press the accents firmly into place. Start with one end and work carefully to the other. Ensure that you apply pressure for the amount of time noted in the instructions that come with your product.
When outfitting your Jeep with exterior moldings, you should consider the following:
- Width: The materials often come in a variety of different widths, each of which can give your Jeep a different look. For example, thin strips of siding may look elegant on your Jeep while thicker strips can make your Jeep look more rugged or aggressive.
- Materials: Siding can be made from plastic or metal. It may also have a laminate cover.
- Finish: Some mouldings may be painted or chromed depending what you want the final result to look like.