Exterior Parts for Jeep Grand Cherokee
Having access to the right auto body parts can help you to restore a Jeep Grand Cherokee after an accident or make a basic vehicle look even better. Exterior parts can protect your motors, seal the interior of the car, and light the road at night. If you are working on a Grand Cherokee you need to be able to find parts that fit the vehicle and help to improve its looks and functionality.What types of exterior parts for Jeeps are available?
Exterior body parts generally include anything that is on the outside of the vehicle. Some common items include:
- Grilles: the vehicles grille protects the radiator and engine while still allowing air in.
- Bumpers: you can find both rear bumpers and front bumpers for your Grand Cherokee.
- Fenders: fenders frame the wheel well to keep road debris from being thrown in the air.
- Roof Racks: these fit on the top of the car to hold your belongings.
- Mouldings: you can find moldings to fit around wheel wells, windows, and other parts of the vehicle.
- Nerf Bars: nerf bars protect the side of the vehicle and can also serve as a step for passengers.
- Towing Equipment: connectors and hitches allow you to haul trailers.
Made directly by Jeep, OEM parts will be compatible with a Grand Cherokee and live up to the factorys standards. An aftermarket part is not made by the company, so even if it is compatible with the Grand Cherokee, it might look a little different. Some aftermarket parts may have slightly different materials, shapes, and sizes than OEM parts. Since there is more variety among aftermarket body parts, you need to pay attention to the manufacturers descriptions.Do all Grand Cherokee grilles look the same?
One of the distinguishing features of a Grand Cherokee grill is the seven-slot grill made up of vertical rectangles. Though most grilles follow this basic design, there are still some variations. Some styles use honeycomb mesh while others use diamond or rectangular mesh. You can also choose from different colors for the trim, including:
With any purchase of auto body parts, it is essential to find parts that will be compatible with your vehicle. To find the right part, you need to know the year and model of your vehicle. You can then search for items intended for your specific Grand Cherokee. If you have the old part, you can compare its measurements to any new part to see if they will fit like the old part did.