Racks for Chevrolet Equinox
Part of the thrill of owning the Chevrolet Equinox is the possibility to embark on unparalleled adventure. But whats an adventure without some gear to go along with it? In order to carry all of this adventure-seeking equipment, a roof rack for your Equinox is essential.What are the features of a Chevy Equinox roof rack?
Whether youre hauling bikes or baggage, you want it all to arrive safely, no matter where you roam. Your Chevy Equinox employs several features to make your luggage rack easy and fun to use.
- Easy-to-install: The cross rails on the vehicles roof rack are specifically designed to be easy to put on and take off. That way, you can put them on quickly for a last-minute adventure but take them off when you dont need them, to reduce drag on your Chevrolet.
- Flexible: There are different types of cross-rail racks made to safely haul just about anything.
- Strong: The roof rack on your Equinox is rated for up to 165 pounds, so it’s likely that even the items you need for the longest journeys wont be too heavy.
If you want to get a lot of use out of your SUVs roof rack, manufacturers have ensured you never run out of options. Below are listed just a few of the many options you have for hauling items overhead on your Chevrolet.
- Ski and Snowboard Racks: These are designed with clips to securely hold skis and snowboards in place while also holding them taught so that they dont bend in the wind.
- Kayak and Canoe Carriers: These are designed with a base to cradle your watercraft as well as built-in lashings to tie it securely in place on your vehicle.
- Cargo Bags: Flexible material allows you to fit more items than in a rigid box. Plus, the flexible material allows for easy, compact storage when its time to get back to real life.
- Cargo Boxes: These hold a large volume and are the ultimate in durability and toughness. They provide a little extra insurance against anything that might bounce up off the road and hit your roof cargo.
- Bike Racks: These are designed with strong holders for front and rear wheels so that your bike rides securely even as the strong wind force hits it.
Each different rack will have slightly different procedures for installation on your Chevrolet. Below is described the procedure for the most common type of rack, the cross bars.
- First, remove the rear cap from both sides of the front-to-back roof rails.
- Second, slide the cross bars in the roof rail track.
- Third, re-install the rear cap on both sides of the front-to-back roof rails.
- Finally, position the cross bars where you need them and tighten them down using the provided hardware.