Subaru XV Crosstrek Racks
Standard and hybrid Subaru XV Crosstreks are commonly used by outdoor enthusiasts, and adding a nice premium roof rack is a great way to add storage space or bring extra gear along on your adventures. Roof racks come in a wide variety of styles and offer a number of different attachments, ensuring that you will be able to find the perfect rack for your needs.
How do roof racks attach to your Subaru XV?
Roof racks come in a variety of attachment styles. The style of your specific Subaru vehicle determines what rack you need.
- Raised Rails: Many Subaru XV Crosstreks come equipped with raised rails on the roof of the vehicle. These rails run the length of the roof from the front to the back, and they are placed on the side edges of the car. These rails are generally raised a few inches off the surface of the roof, allowing for easy rack attachment.
- Bare Roof: Some XV Crosstrek models do not come with roof rails, and these cars are compatible with bare roof racks. These use towers or feet that are mounted onto the roof.
- Crossbar Attachments: Crossbars are often attached, spanning the width of the roof, and they connect the rails or the towers to one another. Attachments can then be placed on these crossbars.
What are benefits of having a roof rack?
Roof racks are ideal for off-road use because they allow you to keep the back of the Crosstrek unobstructed by your gear. This allows easier handling in tight spaces and prevents you from adding unnecessary length to your vehicle. Roof racks are also able to hold a large quantity of gear, ensuring that you will be able to carry all of your necessities.
What features do Subaru XV Crosstrek roof racks include?
- Multiple Attachments: Roof racks are compatible with a large number of attachments, including skis and snowboards, boxes, surfboards, rafts, bikes, and more. These individual attachments can often be easily attached to a set of crossbars on your Subaru.
- Locking Mechanisms: Many roof racks come equipped with locking mechanisms, which ensures that your gear and rack will not be easily removed from your Subaru Crosstrek while you are out and about running errands or on adventures.
- Wind Resistance: Some roof racks come with a wind shield attached to the front end of the rack. This shield can help to reduce wind resistance for your Subaru XV Crosstrek while you are driving, which can help increase fuel economy and reduce the negative impacts of wind gusts on your cars handling.
- Tie Straps: Many racks are compatible with tie straps, which can easily attach to portions of the rack to ensure that all of your gear stays firmly secured on top of your Subaru.