Glove Boxes for Chevrolet Corvette
From the limited run of the 53 introductory model through the Z06 of 01 to the re-introduction of the classic Stingray, the Chevy Corvette is distinctive. Sometimes its the little details of interior features like the glove box that add to your comfort and convenience. If you are looking for a new glove box, you can find a variety of glove boxes for Chevrolet Corvette to choose from.What is the evolution of the Chevrolet Corvette glove box?
Starting with the strictly utilitarian rectangular compartment that had room for gloves and sunglasses, and not much more, this accessory has gone through some design and innovation upgrades. For example, the 62 Chevrolet Corvette has a roomy, semi-circular pull-out liner thats almost as tall as it is deep. Its a design the Stingray kept throughout its original production run. The C3 had no glove box at all. Although theres still room for gloves and tissues, the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 coupe and later models encompass most of the underside of the dash and house high-tech features such as.
- Password-protected electronic locks
- SD memory card storage
- Interior LED lights
- Airbag switches
There are primary and hidden glove boxes behind the screen in the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Grand Sport and Chevrolet C7. Both of these extra security features are accessed the same way, and neither will work unless the key fob transmitter is inserted and valet mode is deactivated by entering the password. To set the access code, follow these steps.
- Engage the key fob transmitter in the ignition slot.
- Tap the button to activate valet mode.
- Enter password twice to set.
- To re-open, enter valet mode, type password, and hit "unlock."
- Push screen down button or glove box button to access compartments.
Due to the evolution of the shape, interior capacity, and features of Corvette sports car interiors, you should install either an original or a restoration for vintage Corvettes according to series. The Chevrolet Corvettes manufactured since the 2000s, including the Z06 Grand Sport Coupe and Stingray reboot, have specialized, high-tech compartments. However, many are interchangeable with each other.How do you replace a glove box in a Corvette?
- Carefully pry the airbag key switch from the face of the door.
- Disconnect the two plugs from the back.
- Remove the hex-head screws that are visible when you open the glove box.
- Open passenger side door to find and remove the screw on the side of the dash.
- Pop out the two plastic access plugs at the bottom of the glove box interior and remove the two bolts located behind the plugs.
- Once all of the fasteners and airbag switch are removed, slide out the glove box assembly.
- Reverse the process to install a new glove box in your Chevrolet.