Glove Boxes for Chevrolet Equinox
For all of the stereotypes that it receives for being a "junk collector," the glove box on your Chevrolet Equinox is actually a useful and important feature of your vehicle. When utilized properly, your glove box helps you safely store and organize a large amount of small, loose items that would otherwise be cluttering up the cabin of your vehicle. This important role is why its crucial to make sure your glove box is always operating exactly as it should.What are the features of a Chevrolet Equinox glove box?
Whether youre someone who fits as much as you can in your SUVs glove box, or you try to keep it as empty as possible, the glove box in your vehicle boasts several features to help you utilize it effectively.
- Heavy-duty Latch: A solid-steel latching mechanism ensures your glove box will stay closed over the bumpiest roads, no matter how much you have stored inside it.
- Ergonomic Handle: The glove box handle is quite wide, with a deep pocket behind the handle to make it easy-to-find and pull, even when its dark outside.
- Generous Capacity: Chevy knows the Equinox is perfect for road trips, which often necessitates increased utilization of the glove box. To accommodate this, the glove box is oversized to give you room for important papers, CDs, books, gloves, scarves, and whatever else you can think of.
- Wide-swing Hinge: A large glove box means nothing if you cant get the items you need to store through the glove box opening. The hinge on the Equinoxs glove box swings very far to allow you to put in the largest items. If it will fit in the closed glove box, you can get it in the open glove box.
Most glove boxes you can find for your Equinox will be either new original equipment manufacturer models, or second-hand models from donor Equinoxes or similar GM SUVs. Glove boxes arent typically customized by most Equinox owners, but they are extremely model specific. Therefore, there arent many aftermarket glove boxes available.How do you replace a glove box on an Equinox?
If your glove box does get overpacked, resulting in damage that necessitates its replacement, the process is actually quite simple. All you have to do is depress the glove box swing stop latch to allow the glove box to rotate completely out. Then, lift up on the left and right sides to remove the glove box from its hinge. Reverse the process to install a new glove box. If its just the latch that needs replacement, rather than the entire glove box, you can replace it using the procedures below.
- First, open the glove box as you normally would to put something in it.
- Second, remove the two screws holding the latch in place found on the back of the glove box door.
- Third, remove the latch by pulling it through the latch opening.
- Fourth, put the new latch through the latch opening and snap it into place.
- Finally, install the new screws, then test the new latch for proper operation.