Lexus RX 350 Grilles
When you look at the front of the Lexus RX 350, the most prominent exterior feature is the grille. While grilles certainly give the Lexus a unique appearance that sets it apart from all other vehicles, this component also plays a major role in allowing air to flow through to the engine and transmission while still offering protection. When it is time to replace the grille on your model RX 350, it is important that you choose one that meets your wants and your vehicles needs.What types of grilles are available for your Lexus?
There are three main types of grilles available for your RX 350. They include:
- Billet grilles: These grilles are made from aluminum rods that may be round, square, or rectangular in shape. These grilles can be made to match the contours of your Lexus without any potential issues. In appearance, billet grilles look like they have a number of horizontal or vertical bars that run parallel to each other. The billets are welded to the framework. These grilles can give your SUV a luxury feel.
- Mesh grilles: These grilles are made from mesh wires that often look like a net. When installed on the Lexus RX 350, it can give your car a sporty look. Mesh grilles come in a variety of patterns depending on the exact look you are searching for.
- Bumper grilles: This is an additional grille that fits into the small opening in the bumper. It is often used in connection with either a mesh or billet grille. It can be used to add further protection and further customization.
There are three materials that a grille for your Lexus RX 350 SUV may be made from. These materials are:
- ABS plastic: Grilles made from this material are known to be lightweight and non-corrosive, meaning they will not rust. You can have grilles made from ABS plastic painted to give them the appearance that they are made of stainless steel or aluminum.
- Aluminum: Aluminum grilles are stronger than grilles made from plastic. They can also be molded into many different shapes, designs, and patterns. Aluminum is lightweight and holds up well to moisture.
- Stainless steel: Grilles made from stainless steel are generally stronger and more durable than aluminum or plastic. They are more often used in billet grilles.
When you are looking to outfit your model RX 350 with a replacement grille, there are several different finishes you can choose from, including:
- Chrome: This finish gives the grille a metallic silver or black color that is super reflective. It can make your RX 350 look sleek. The finish is usually applied to grilles made of aluminum or steel.
- Paint: This finish adds a corrosion barrier for grilles made of metal. There are a variety of color options available for your Lexus.
- Powder coating: This baked finish is smooth and environmentally friendly. It is resistant to chipping.