Grilles for Toyota 4Runner
Truck grilles for your Toyota 4Runner help protect the front end of your SUV from road debris when youre behind the wheel and can offer limited protection from front-end collisions when a heavy-duty grille is installed. Updating or replacing the grille on your Toyota 4Runner can add style and flair to your vehicle as well. Understanding the different grille options for your Toyota 4Runner will help you make a smart purchasing decision.What are the different materials used to make grilles?
Grilles for your Toyota SUV or TRD model can be manufactured with a variety of different materials to meet an array of needs or tastes. Some common materials used include the following:
- Stainless steel: A stainless steel grille is prized for its ability to resist rust, corrosion, and oxidation. It is also valued for its overall strength and endurance in heavy terrain and off-road conditions.
- Billet truck grilles: These items are constructed of aviation-grade aluminum, making them extremely lightweight and highly resistant to the corrosive effects of oxygen and moisture.
- ABS plastic: ABS grills are constructed from a commonly used automotive-grade plastic similar to that utilized to make many types of bumpers. This strong plastic is coated with a metallic overcoat that can be painted to match the exterior of your SUV or truck. These grilles offer excellent shock absorption and can protect you and your vehicle from light front impact.
- Sheet aluminum: Sheet aluminum has a workable nature, so it offers the ability to customize the look of the grille. This is one of the most common materials used in grilles.
If you wish to create a custom look for your Toyota 4Runner with the TRD Premium or SR5 package by upgrading your grille, then there is a myriad of options to create an array of different styles. Some of the different styles of grilles are listed here:
- Mesh grilles, which create the look of different patterns of mesh with cutouts or a woven look. These are usually insert-style grilles.
- Tube grilles, which offer superior protection to the front end of your Toyota because they are made from different heavy-duty materials. These items are generally installed by bolting them on rather than inserting them.
- Bolted on brush guards or bull bars.
After investing in a new grille for their 4Runners, many Toyota owners will opt to add the additional protection and function offered by a grille guard or bull bar. While the two accessories share similarities, they are distinctly different. Grille guards offer an almost complete wrap of protection across the front of your vehicle, including the grille, and are often built to include brush guards that also cover your headlights. Bull bars offer protection to the center of your truck or vehicle, and these items have a distinctive bull horn appearance because they extend up vertically on either side of your grille. Each of these parts is useful when youre behind the wheel of your Toyota model.