What Are the Benefits of Having a Wireless iPod Dock Speaker?
With the huge advancements in modern technology that we are seeing every single year, the entertainment options available to the normal person are nothing short of incredible. If you have an iPod, or some other music playing device, then you may have considered finding a portable speaker system or docking station to play your music with. The options out there are seemingly endless, and it can be hard to choose the right JBL iPod dock or Bluetooth speaker system.
What Are the Pros and Cons of an iPod or iPhone Dock?
Docking devices are becoming more and more popular. A docking station has a relatively simple design, with a place to sit your iPod or iPhone, connecting it to the device and allowing music to play. The pros and cons of docking stations include:
- Pros - iPod docks generally come complete with remote controls that allow you to change songs and volume levels from anywhere in the vicinity. They often have adapters that allow you to plug different devices into the dock for charging. Your device will never go flat using an iPod dock, as it will be constantly charging.
- Cons - They generally arent very portable, which can make it hard to play music on the go. You need to keep your device plugged in at all times, which may impact your ability to use your device if you have something like an iPhone.
- When should I consider a JBL dock? A docking system, complete with a remote control and charging adapters, might be ideal if you have a device that just for music, if you need to play music for long periods of time, and if you like the idea of being able to control your music with a remote.
What Do I Need to Consider When Choosing An iPod Dock or Speaker?
iPod docks and speakers are well worth considering for your home. Consider the following when choosing an iPod dock for your home:
- Their size - If you want something that is portable and easy to move around, then look for a smaller version. However, if you want something with better sound, then look for something larger.
- Make sure that it fits your iPod - Different iPod models have different plugs, which means that you need to choose a dock which is compatible with the model that you have.
- Be wary of second hand devices - These can be damaged or worn, even if they dont appear so. Wherever possible, try and choose new devices.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by JBL or Apple.