Everything You Need to Know About Selecting KICKER 10-inch Car Subwoofers
Car subwoofers allow you to enjoy the deep bass tones of music, which are the low frequencies sometimes dropped or distorted by mid-range and full-range speakers. The woofers pick up those tones and work as an amplifying mechanism to increase them, helping you to make the most of your listening experience as you drive. There are many types, features, and specifications to consider when selecting KICKER 10-inch car subwoofers.What are the available types of KICKER car subwoofers?
The available types of these subwoofers include:
- Enclosed and powered: The subwoofers have an enclosure and their own power supply.
- Enclosed and non-powered: The subwoofer has an enclosure and no electrical supply.
- Non-enclosed and powered: The cone has no enclosure and has an electrical supply.
- Non-enclosed and non-powered: The cone has no enclosure and no power supply.
The car subwoofers are available with a single voice coil or a dual voice coil. The single coil units have one coil of wire to accept current from the amplifying mechanism. They are wired independently. The dual coils have two wraps of wire around the amplifying mechanism. Each coil can be wired independently, or the coils can be wired in series or in parallel. If a dual coil unit is rated at 4 ohms, it can be wired at either 2 or 8 ohms. A single coil unit rated at 4 ohms must be wired this way.What are the RMS and max power for the subwoofers?
The range of RMS, or root mean square, of power for the subwoofers is 300 to 500 watts. The manufacturers recommended power range is 200 to 500 watts. The max or peak level power for the subwoofers is 700 to 900 watts. If there are two subwoofers in the enclosure, the total max power is doubled.What is the frequency response and sensitivity of the woofers?
The available frequency response ranges of these subwoofers are 20 to 30 Hz at the lower end to 400 to 600 Hz at the higher end of the range. The impedance is 2 to 8 ohms. The sensitivity of the subwoofers ranges from 80 to 90 dB at one watt per meter.What are some of the features of the car subwoofers?
Some of the available features of these car audio components include:
- Built-in amplifier: The woofer may already have an amplifier built into the housing.
- Kit: These components come with a separate amplifier and wiring pieces to add the amp if you want it.
- Design options: These subwoofers have the companys logo at the center of the cone housing. The logo may have colors such as red, blue, or yellow.
- Enclosure shapes: The available enclosure shapes include vented square, rectangular, and circular. The enclosure increases the dimensions of the subwoofer.
- Injection-molded: The cone portions of the subwoofers are injection-molded for accuracy and precision.