Lighting, Lamps, and Parts for the GMC Sierra 1500
If youre looking for functioning headlights, tail lights, or turn signals, eBay Motors has what you need. If you have a blown bulb, you can replace it. When youre tired of the look of your GMC Sierra 1500 and you want to update it with some different lights, you can do so with the parts in this collection.What types of lights are available for the Sierra 1500?
As soon as you turn the ignition on, daytime running lights (DRLs) come on the front and rear of the truck to make it more visible to other drivers. The headlamps have a sensor that detects darkness and turns on the headlights. In short, use DRLs for daytime use and headlights for nighttime driving. Also look for these lights:
- Signal lights: When engaged, these lights alert drivers that you intend to turn in the direction indicated.
- Gauge lights: Also known as panel lights, these bulbs illuminate the speedometer and other instruments on the panel behind the steering wheel.
- Interior lamps: These lights brighten the trucks interior. Use them only for a short time to check directions, locate an item that fell on the seat, or get something from the glove compartment.
While most drivers know the functions of headlights and tail lights, some fail to activate the correct lamps to meet specific driving conditions. Take the time to refresh your memory with the information listed below:
- Low and high beams: With headlights operating on low beams, you can see the road without blinding other drivers. High beams generate an intense light. Use them while driving on extremely dark roads when no other cars are driving in front of you or coming toward you.
- Rear lights: Tail lights and brake lights produce a red light on the back of the vehicle. The tail lights work together with the headlights to make your truck more visible. Touch the brake pedal to alert drivers behind you that you are slowing down or stopping.
- Fog lights: Designed for use in inclement weather, fog lights cut through fog, rain, and snow.
- Driving lights: The driving lights produce a powerful beam that extends the range of visibility farther than fog lights.
Many drivers choose to replace factory-installed halogen light bulbs with HID and LED bulbs. High-intensity discharge (HID) bulbs emit a brighter light than LEDs. However, it takes them longer to reach full output. LEDs, on the other hand, consume less energy and last longer than HID lamps.