Nerf Bars & Running Boards for the Cadillac Escalade
When you have to exert some effort just to get in or out of your Cadillac Escalade, installing side steps could be the solution. You can choose between nerf bars or running boards to add to your ride. Either option can help ease this issue so that passengers can safely step out of your SUV.What are running boards and nerf bars?
Cadillac Escalade running boards are the rectangular boards with the length attached to the edge of the cab. When used as side steps, boards take a considerable amount of foot space. On the other hand, some nerf bars are also the same length, only tubular, with a little bit of space in between the vehicle edge and bar. The length of running boards and nerf bars for the Cadillac Escalade typically spans from wheel-to-wheel or just the entire cab area. They typically come with slip-resistant side steps for safety. Width size could vary from 3 to 5 inches, depending on the type.What is the difference between running boards and nerf bars?
Getting into an SUV with a height access challenge could take some effort. When choosing between the two options, it would help to know their key differences. These two accessories can be compared using these categories:
- Style: Both step add-ons for the Cadillac Escalade come in different styles and configurations. Nerf bars come in a circular tube style with rubberized steps. Some nerf bars resemble hoops and are placed strategically near the front and rear passenger wheel area. Other types of running boards also use this individual bar design. However, the boards are flat with broad side steps. Some running boards and nerf bars can be folded or retracted when not in use.
- Material: Nerf bars and running boards are typically made from durable materials such as stainless steel, fiberglass, and rubber. Step areas are made of rubber or any anti-slip material to enhance passenger safety. These heavy-duty add-ons are sometimes incorporated with chrome details.
There are several reasons why Cadillac Escalade owners add nerf bars or running boards to their vehicle. Below are just some of those reasons:
- Passenger Safety: Children and older members of the family may need extra help in order to safely enter or exit the vehicle, which has a raised cabin height. These two accessories give them a stable area to place their feet.
- Damage Prevention: A running board or nerf bar also provides some type of damage prevention to your Cadillac Escalade. A moving vehicle flings stones, dirt, and other debris. Adding side steps and step bars can prevent the debris from hitting the door or windows of the automobile.
- Personal Style: Whether you prefer nerf bars or running boards, adding one gives a distinctive personal detail to your Cadillac Escalade.