Nike Football Shoes and Cleats
Football is an exciting sport to play, and having the proper cleats is essential for performance and safety. A wisely chosen football shoe will provide the traction and support you need for the role youre playing. Nike offers a wide variety of football cleats, allowing you to find the shoes you need to excel on the field.Why wear football shoes with cleats?
Football cleats incorporate long spikes that provide increased traction and support on the football field. Football spikes can be arranged in specific patterns on the bottom of the cleat. Players choose a particular cleat pattern based on the position they play and the effect they want from the shoe, such as speed or stability. Football cleats differ from shoes in other sports because they utilize a longer type of spike. Football-length spikes also provide more ankle protection and support.What styles of football shoes are available?
Football cleats come in various heights, and each has its own benefits. It’s important to select the proper shoe based on your skill set on the field and the comfort level of the shoe. The types of shoes and cleats available include:
- Low-cut: Similar to athletic footwear used in other sports, such as soccer, low-cut football shoes don’t cover the ankle. Because of the way they’re constructed, these shoes allow for mobility, speed, and cutting ability.
- Mid-cut: Mid-cut cleats cover the ankles and provide extra stability and support while only slightly restricting speed and agility.
- High-cut: High-cut football shoes cover the feet above the ankles and provide maximum ankle support.
There are two different types of spikes, each with its own benefits.
- Molded: Molded-style cleats have spikes that are built in and permanently attached to the outsole of the shoe.
- Detachable: Detachable options make it possible to use spikes of varying lengths on the same pair of shoes; you can change out your spikes to suit the playing surface. These spikes screw in and out of the bottom of the shoe, and many of them allow for different spike arrangements on the bottom of the cleat.
Nike offers many product lines designed for football players. Their football shoes and cleats come in a wide selection of colors and styles. Some of them include:
- Vapor: Designed to be ultra-lightweight and breathable, this shoe has strategically placed cleats.
- Menace: The Menace style has a mesh upper for maximum airflow and a three-sided cleat for traction.
- Force: Strong support for the foot and great traction are the prominent features of the Force Nike football shoe.