Rainboots for Men
Whether you are cleaning out stables in the rain or attending your child's soccer game on a muddy field, you will need rainboots or other waterproof shoes that can withstand the conditions. Warm, dry feet and a sense of style are important. There is a broad array of rain shoes on the market, so keeping a few things in mind will help you purchase the pair that will work for you.In what ways are men's rain boots worn?
- Most rain boots on the market are designed to be worn in place of other shoes.
- Overboots are made of thin rubber or polyester; they are designed to be easily applied over and removed from your regular shoes or boots.
- Rubber boots that reach the upper calf are the most common style.
- Lace-up, zipper, and buckle boots are an option.
- Sneaker and ankle-boot styles are available if you are not partial to traditional rain boots.
- Two-tone, camouflage, and designer patterns are also available.
Lugs, pull loops, waterproof hide, padded collars, laces, buckles, and linings are featured in different combinations in various styles of boot.
- Lugs are the ridges on the bottom of the boot. The deeper the lugs, the more traction you will have in the mud.
- Pull loops make putting on boots easier. Some loops stand up from the top of the boots, while others can be tucked down into the boot until needed.
- Cordovan leather is water resistant, maintains a glossy shine, and is nearly indestructible. Cordovan boots can safely be worn in the rain, but avoid walking through mud in them.
- Padded collars give added comfort around the ankles.
- Buckles, laces, and zippers adjust the fit around the leg.
The boot lining makes a difference in freshness, comfort, and warmth. Available lining options are cotton, fleece, leather, Neoprene, microfiber, and Gore-Tex. Some liners are removable for versatility.
- Cotton stays cool and comfortable on hot rainy days, or when you are doing manual labor.
- Fleece linings are warm and soft, providing insulation on cold days.
- Leather lining is comfortable and well-insulated to keep feet warm in winter and cool during the summer.
- Patented Neoprene, the material in wet suits, keeps your feet warm in freezing weather. The 3-millimeter layer insulates against temperatures as low as five degrees Fahrenheit.
- Microfiber helps keep your feet dry regardless of the amount of moisture produced.
- Patented Gore-Tex is 100% waterproof, but also breathable. This material, often found in sleeping bags, wicks moisture away from your feet without letting dirt and water into the boot.
- Choose a size larger than you normally wear.
- Double up your socks when wearing the boots.
- Select many colors and designs available to match your personal style.
Taking into consideration the use, styles, features, and lining of available men's rain boots will help you choose the pair that is right for you.