A Buyers Guide for Rockford Fosgate 10-Inch Car Subwoofers
When you pick the right subwoofers for your car, you can maximize your musical enjoyment in unexpected ways. Whether youre riding solo to work, going on a road trip with your family, or heading to a restaurant with friends, Rockford Fosgate 10-inch subwoofers can add depth to your car audio experience.Which subwoofer models are produced by this company?
Rockford Fosgate makes quite a few different styles of 10-inch subwoofers. These bass speakers for car audio applications can be arranged into three main categories:
- Power series: These are high-end offerings from this company. They admit 10 AWG speaker wire and they produce 1 ohm each. These bass speakers take up 500 RMS watts for continuous use and 1,000 watts of peak power.
- Punch series: These mid-range speakers have 2.5-inch voice coils. They use 500 watts RMS and 1,000 watts at maximum power. They have a mounting depth of 6.18 inches and they have an impedance of 2 ohms.
- Prime series: The Prime series offers entry-level subwoofers. They have 2-inch voice coils and a mounting depth of 3.4 inches. In addition, these speakers only take up 200 RMS watts and 400 watts at peak performance.
The main determining factor when comparing different types of subwoofers is the wattage capacity of your amplifier. Some amplifiers can only handle a certain number of watts, so youll want to consult your amps instruction manual before proceeding.
Its also important to consider your intended purposes for your bass speakers. If you are an audiophile who will be listening to music every day, it might make sense to opt for higher-end speakers. But if youll only be using your car stereo intermittently, a high-end option might be more than you need. See the manufacturer site for details.How do you install a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?
To set up your new car audio system properly, youll need to complete a few steps. Follow these instructions to install your new subwoofer:
- Connect your bass speakers to your amplifier with speaker wire, and secure your speakers in their cabinet with screws.
- Run speaker wire from the amplifier to your car stereo. Using ring terminals, connect your amplifier wire to your stereos positive and negative leads.
- Cover the speaker wire with the carpeting of your car, and make sure your amplifier cabinet is secure.
- Turn on your stereo and play some audio. If your new subwoofers are producing sound, youll know that youve completed the installation process correctly.